Who says advertising doesn't work? And 40 years later, no less.
I was flipping through the November, 1966 issue of Space World magazine when I stumbled upon this ad for the 1965 book Beyond Tomorrow: The Next 50 Years in Space by Dandridge M. Cole, with art by Roy G. Scarfo. At 168 pages, with 53 full color plates, 47 illustrations, 11 charts and an advertised list price of $7.50, I ordered it immediately.
The $7.50 price was no longer an option (I blame the economy), but it really is an amazing book of retro-futuristic fun. Stay tuned as we take a look at this book in the coming weeks.
Previously on Paleo-Future:
- A Suit for the First Man on the Moon (1961)
- Space and National Security (1963)
- Rocket to the Moon (1967)
- James B. Utt on Space Travel (1963)
- Lyndon B. Johnson on 2063 A.D. (1963)