As you might recall, the booklet 2063 A.D. was sealed in the General Dynamics time capsule in 1963 and contains predictions about what advancements we will see in space by the year 2063. Today we have the (rather succinct) predictions of Dr. William H. Pickering, President of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics:
My "100 year forecast" as follows:
- There will be travel at relativistic velocities to the nearby stars with manned spacecraft which will explore other planetary systems.
- There will be permanent scientific colonies at various places throughout the solar systems.
Previously on Paleo-Future:
- General Dynamics Astronautics Time Capsule (1963)
- Lyndon B. Johnson on 2063 A.D. (1963)
- Edmund G. Brown's Californifuture (1963)
- James B. Utt on Space Travel (1963)
- Air Force Predictions for 2063 (1963)